Welcome to the East Hawaii District Tennis Association (EHDTA) web site!
The purpose of EHDTA is to promote and develop the growth of tennis in the East Hawaii District of the Island of Hawaii.
We are committed to
- Promoting and developing tennis as a means of healthful recreation.
- Maintaining and enforcing the rules of play established by the United States Tennis Association and the Organization.
- Promoting and developing good sportsmanship, fair play, character, and responsible citizenship.
- Encouraging and sanctioning tennis tournaments and related athletic activities.
- Awarding, sanctioning, scheduling, and supervising all open and invitational tournaments and exhibition matches held at or by member clubs.
- Establishing district championships to be awarded member clubs.
- Promoting interest and activity in the game in all its phases including cooperation with local, state, and national authorities, high school and college athletic associations, public parks and recreational departments, and other organizations endeavoring to improve playing conditions and standards of play.
- By assisting in the development of umpires and officials associations and in the training and furthering the use of tennis umpires, directors, referees, and linesmen at all sanctioned EHD tournaments.
- By transacting any other lawful activity in the interest of the Organization.